Groundwork London is the foremost environmental regeneration charity in the capital. We work in London's most deprived areas to improve the quality of people's lives. Doing this is complex and involves a lot of different projects, all of which contribute to our overall vision of a society of sustainable communities.
To find out more about what we do, have a look around our website to see the sort of services we offer and how we could work with you or your organisation. To give you an idea of the scale of our work, here are a few facts and figures about Groundwork in London.
- Every year Groundwork’s 150 staff deliver around 700 projects in London with a value in excess of £10m.
- Adults and young people spend around 50,000 days involved in our projects each year.
- Last year, we worked with nearly 1,200 businesses, helping over 30 of them implement an Environmental Management System.
- In 2007/8 we provided over 6,500 training weeks, which included creating 240 jobs and helping our clients gain nearly 200 qualifications.
- We worked with over 400 schools in 2007/8, helping them improve their school grounds, work towards eco-school status and build learning on sustainability issues into their lesson plans.